Non-NHS Services

Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attrachealth_clipboardt charges (please click here for more information regarding fees)

Examples include the following:

  • Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
  • Insurance claim forms
  • Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
  • Private sick notes
  • Vaccination certificates

Please allow a minimum of 10 working days for all Non-NHS services.

Requests for medical certificates for school children during term time

Ravenswood Medical Practice GPs do not provide short term sickness certification for periods of less than 7 days and are unable to issue medical certificates for longer periods of sickness absence unless the patient was seen by the GP at the time of the illness. GPs are not contractually required to undertake this and it is not part of their terms of service. In general GPs do not provide certificates for children as the parent’s explanation of the absence is generally sufficient for the purposes of the school. 

Please click here for full information.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website